Homosexual apologists sometimes make the argument that Jesus said nothing against homosexuality while he was on earth, therefore the practice must be okay. But by this reasoning, since Jesus never spoke directly about them, bestiality, arson, and rape would also be okay.
Jesus did indirectly condemn homosexuality in Matthew 19:4-5 when he said “Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?” Jesus confirmed from its institution that marriage must be between male and female. In addition to this, the rest of the New Testament is teaching what Jesus wanted taught:
· John 16:13 (to the apostles) the Spirit of truth … will guide you into all truth
· John 14:26 the Holy Ghost … shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you
· I Corinthians14:37 (an apostle said) the things … I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord
And what does the rest of New Testament teach about homosexuality?:
· Romans 1:26-27 vile, against nature, unseemly, error
· I Corinthians 6:9 shall not inherit the kingdom of God
· I Timothy 1:10 ungodly, defiling
And so Jesus did condemn homosexuality after all!
By the way, I recently participated in a public debate in Columbus, Ohio on the “Homosexual Marriage” issue. Here is the link if you would like to listen: