Wealth is not necessarily sinful; it is a blessing that comes from God (Proverbs 10:22 "The blessing of the Lord brings wealth"), though it usually brings with it more temptation (I Timothy 6:10).
Other blessings are more important than wealth:
· Proverbs 16:16 How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver!
· Proverbs 16:8 Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice.
· Proverbs 28:6 Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
· Proverbs 22:1 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, loving favor rather than silver and gold.
We shouldn’t trust in what riches we have or might attain, but in God:
· Proverbs 11:28 Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf
· I Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
· Proverbs 11:4 Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, But righteousness delivers from death.