The name of this weekly blog is “Doctrine Matters.” I can’t think of a verse that proves that concept better than II John verse 9 – “Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.” That says that if we don’t stay within the doctrine (teaching) of Christ, we don’t have God (we can’t be saved).
Some other passages that teach Doctrine Matters include:
· Matt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
· Matt 15:14 … if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
· Gal 1:9 … If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
· James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
· Rev 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Therefore it is spiritually critical that we diligently search the scriptures to see if what we are being taught is so (Acts 17:11).